DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
About the Department:
The department of Mechanical Engineering has been started in the year 2020. Currently, the department offers a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree under Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU), Guwahati, with an annual intake capacity of 60 students. The department follows a syllabus that is at par with AICTE approved curriculum. The students are made familiar with the fundamental concepts of production, manufacturing, design and related core subjects in order to help them understand the real essence of mechanical engineering. The department has a central workshop that enables students from different branches to get a firsthand experience of basic manufacturing processes. The labs are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to enable students to perform experiments.
“To be a Centre of Excellence in Mechanical Engineering and to generate quality mechanical engineers who can solve challenging issues in various domains of mechanical engineering.”
- To provide a platform for the holistic development of the students and create globally competent mechanical engineers of the future.
- To inculcate a culture of scientific thinking among the students to help them relate theoretical concepts with practical applications.
- To prepare the students for various postgraduate and competitive examinations.
- To educate students to provide a solution to problems of local communities and societal challenges by applying the concepts and principles of mechanical engineering.
- To collaborate with reputed institutions and industries with an aim to improve the academic standards and enhance the exposure of students.