DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
About the Department:
The Civil Engineering Department started its journey in August 2020. Currently, the department offers an Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree under Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU), Guwahati, with an annual intake capacity of 60 students. It also has provision for Lateral Entry Students who can join B.Tech Courses after acquiring Diploma in the same or allied branch. The Department aims at providing best of the concepts to its student so that they can deal with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works such as bridges, roads, canals, dams, and buildings. The Department is having qualified , dynamic faculties along with state-of-the-art infrastructure that helps the students to build a career as Civil Engineers and can be employed in all the major construction projects carried out by the state or central government, the railways, private construction companies, military, engineering services, consultancy services, etc.
The vision of this department is to establish an outstanding center of regional and national reputation for providing a quality engineering education to the students from the different parts of Assam. Along with that the Department aims to provide services to the community and also to create an excellent research environment
- To offer Under-Graduate course in civil engineering and other industry oriented courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research, and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with an emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contribute to a suitable learning environment.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career-enhancing courses.
- To establish a center of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.